Friday, 27 December 2013

Spell Book

Hello,
I hope you had a great Christmas! I have my entry for Lili of the Valley's December Challenge to share with you today. You had to make Anything But A Card which was new for me because I haven't really branched out from cards before now, but I loved doing something a bit different. I decided to decorate a kraft journal in the style of a spell book using 'Abracadabra!'. I love the magic theme and this was one of the first stamps I bought from LOTV. So here it is:





































I made some tattered stars using cheesecloth and hemp twine - I think this looks a bit like cobwebs!




























I attached seam binding inside which ties into bow when the journal is closed.




























I made the edges of the pages look a bit older with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.


































Products used:
Papers - Kaisercraft and My Mind's Eye
Chipboard Letters
Kraft card
Cheesecloth, Seam Binding, Hemp Twine, Wizard's Hat charm - all from the Ribbon Girl
Stickles (Black Diamond)
Distress Ink (Walnut Stain)
Tiny wooden stars - Studio Calico

I'm really new to colouring and have a long way to go, but I'm hoping to work on this a lot in 2014! I hope you like my Spell Book - I think I'll be making more things like this in the future.

Thanks for looking,

Rebecca.


9 comments:

  1. This is such a fun project and I love those stars. By the way your colouring is perfect.
    {I would love you to take part in my 300,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fab, I love it! I don't know why I haven't bought this stamp yet, he's so cute :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. What a fab use of this cute stamp. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca I saw your entry on the LOTV website...such a cool spell book! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic project and good luck in the competition . I don't have this stamp but it looks so good might put it on my wish list Love and Happy Crafting Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a gorgeous project! It is packed with fabby details, I really love this book. Wishing you a very happy 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca, this is fabulous... Love love love all the details!!! Happy New Year to you!!! Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab project! It's great. Happy 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Rebecca, very creative and a bit different.

    Thanks for entering our 'anything but a card' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit - I really appreciate your comments! x