Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Tea in the Garden

Hello everyone,
I hope you're all well and having a great week so far. Sorry if I haven't been to visit you for a few days. I've been having some blogger issues where I could only see one post at a time on my dashboard but it seems to have been fixed now so I'll be round to visit later.
As those of you who've been with me since the start of my blog know, I've been very reluctant with colouring and have never really been hooked on it like I know some of you are. But I absolutely love using stamped images so I've decided to try another medium and see how I go on with the Derwent Inktense pencils. This is just my first attempt so I have lots of practising ahead of me but I enjoy using them more already! I will keep coming back to the pens though and perhaps I'll love them more in the future!
Anyway, onto my card: I've used Afternoon Tea Tilda with the DooHickey Afternoon Tea Bench, and the papers are Maja Design. The sentiment tag is from LOTV and the butterflies are from a Pion cut-out sheet which I've then added diamond dust to (from Live and Love Crafts).
I've also used:
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Twine, seam binding, hessian, pin, beaded stamen - Ribbon Girl
Lace - Live and Love Crafts
Pearls - Samuel Taylors
Charm (with added paint) - from my stash
I think that's everything!





































I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
In the Pink - Flower Garden
Live and Love Crafts - Summer Garden
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Layers
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia - Use Kraft Card

Thank you so much for visiting and for your kind comments - I love reading them!

Rebecca.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rebecca! Your colouring is wonderful and your embellishments finish it off beautifully.
    Congratulations on your top three at Divas by Design, your gorgeous mermaid deserved to win! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilda turned out really nice. I have a collection of pencils, inktense, prisma's and a few other brands but find it tough blending and all...use stumps but seem to blend it in all together so I have a looong way to go...never happy when I use them but want to. Your card is a sweetie and love the papers too...keep using your inktense Rebecca...looks great...♥aNNie The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Rebecca and your pencil work is wonderful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, love it. Your colouring, embellishments and design are beautiful.
    Blogger has been a right pain in the bum for us all. Thank goodness it seems to be fixed.
    Enjoy the rest if your afternoon
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card.......your colouring looks superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inktense are my favourites and you have done a brilliant job with them. Gorgeous card, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rebecca, had the same problems with blogger myself, very annoying. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Rebecca, your soft colouring is beautiful and all the detailing you have added is so pretty.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tilda looks very sweet, and love your card - so pretty! I've just bought some distress markers as I fancied a change from copics, but would quite like to try inktense too lol, hope you're having fun with yours :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Rebecca! This is simply STUNNING! Love these colors and the beautiful touches with your embellies! Your colouring is BEAUTIFUL! Keep up the fabulous work!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Rebecca, this is such a pretty card, I love the cute Tilda image and the colours you have used...as always, beautiful details, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card and so pretty the colouring looks good to me I've never used pencils but the finished results are just great. I always used pens then started with watercolour inks and they are definitely my favourites. I know Pops and Becky designers for LOTV both use these pencils and both have good tutorials if you haven't already found them. Love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole, I haven't seen the tutorials so I'll have a look! x

      Delete
  13. Blogger dashboard is finally fixed hooray! Lovely card Rebecca! I love your distressed edged pretty papers and all the embellishments! Tilda looks so good on that sweet bench!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh a beautiful card Rebecca.... your colouring with the Inktense pencils looks fabulous! Loving the image of course too and the perfect layout.

    Thanks for sharing in the Flower Garden challenge at In The Pink.... hope we see you back again soon..

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous Rebecca - your colouring looks fabulous to me and I love the stunning flutterbys.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card and such a cutesy image and fab colouring - luv it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rebecca,
    Very cute card. The swirly bench is perfect for the posh looking Tilda. Glad to see you're enjoying the new papers. Beautifully embellished card; the butterflies look really cool with the diamond dust. Thanks for linking up to LLC's Summer Garden challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit - I really appreciate your comments! x