Saturday, 25 October 2014

Festive Post

Hi everyone,
I hope your weekend is off to a good start! I spent the morning doing some crafting so I have a card to share with you using LOTV's Festive Post (coloured with Inktense pencils). I can't believe it's less than a year since I bought my first Lili of the Valley stamps - I've been colouring quite a few this week and feel as though I've fallen in love with them all over again! I'd like to give credit to two crafters who really inspired some of the details on this card. Firstly, Debra Kenworthy who showed such a gorgeous Christmas card on her blog last week (which you can see here). I absolutely loved the magical effect of her snow-topped fence and I had to give this a go - I used the Magnolia DooHickey Lovely Fence and gesso sprinkled with glitter for my take on it. Secondly, I decided it was about time I gave my neglected texture paste and stencils another outing after seeing all the beautiful ways that Pamellia uses them on her stunning creations - I really wanted to try her technique of adding glitter and have done so on the postcard. Pamellia's attention to detail is absolutely incredible and has inspired me so much to try new things on my cards. Thank you ladies!

I have also used:
Papers (hand-stitched) and sentiment - Maja Design: A Gift for You
Postcard - Lili of the Valley
Roses, rosebuds, pearl flower - Wild Orchid Crafts
Hessian ribbon, lace, twine - Ribbon Girl
Bow - Magnolia DooHickey Groom Bow
Pearls, Tim Holtz Heart Stencil, Pumice Stone Distress Ink - Samuel Taylors


































I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley - Anything Goes

Divas by Design - Festive Florals

Thank you so much for visiting and for your lovely comments! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. x

Rebecca.

27 comments:

  1. So sweet Rebecca! Your image is darling and I love the glitter, as you know! The postcards with the hearts is a great touch! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! The little fence with glittery snow is gorgeous! Super cute image and details, love the papers!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card REbecca, such a lovely stamp and the finishing touches, as always, are wonderful. Love the lace atop the hessian xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card Rebecca with so much to see, love the spotty papers and the bow to match...just gorgeous all over.xx
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and such attention to all the detail I love all your sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Rebecca, great use of that post card stamp, you have just given me another way yo use it! Sue x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Rebecca, such a sweet image and beautiful colours. As always your detailing is wonderful and the added sparkle looks so pretty.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! what a stunner Rebecca, your colouring and design are amazing.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous card Rebecca, such a sweet image and your papers are fabulous - they go so well with the Kraft card stock. I love your design and all of the details you have included.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Rebecca. I love the image and all the pretty details
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - another stunner with fantastic techniques - luv it all again xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweetie is your card, lovely the coloours and the stam is so very gorgeous have a lovely weekend hugs Janny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Rebecca and love all the texture. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rebecca, this is so beautiful, I love the brown & pink & as always your colouring is perfect! Hugs Carole Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful, love all the wonderful detail.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Rebecca! This is simply GORGEOUS! Love all the die cuts on here, and that glittered fence .. yes .. it's BEAUUUUTIFUL! Love the soft colouring you've done .. it's all STUNNING!

    Hope you're having a beautiful weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card, I love the modern colour combo and your beautiful coloring.

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Sunday

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very pretty your card is Rebecca, love all the layers, lovely colours and sweet image and the snowy glitter is gorgeous, too! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rebecca, thisis gorgeously pretty. What a lovely card. The touch of glitter is the perfect finishing touch x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely Rebecca, such a sweet pretty card, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Rebecca! Beautifully coloured and a fab layout. Your snow laden fence looks perfect as does the glittered gesso hearts and your embellishments are lovely.
    Thank you for your really kind mention about my snow it was so lovely of you. I was surprised how well it had turned out for my first go at Lou's technique so I'm happy you liked it. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful card, such an adorable image and details.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stunning such a beautiful design and gorgeous techniques. A perfect Christmas card. Love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rebecca.... oooh I love how you've coloured this little couple... and ooooh to all that beautiful glitter and shine! Perfect use of the embossing paste/glitter too.. IN FACT... loving ALL your wonderful detail!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is just adorable. Your attention to detail is amazing.
    Your card would look so pretty in a little frame.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful, love the sweet image and all the stitching with the touch of frosting on the flowers just gorgeous
    hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a gorgeous card, Rebecca!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge!

    Good Luck

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit - I really appreciate your comments! x