Saturday, 3 January 2015

Love You Bunches

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for all of your lovely New Year wishes - I hope 2015 is a brilliant year for everyone! Have you made any resolutions? I don't normally make them but last year I decided to put some on here and I actually kept them! I wanted to work on my colouring and although I never progressed with the pens I was using at the time, it turned out even better than I'd hoped when I bought Inktense pencils and found a colouring medium that I actually love using! My second resolution was to use my craft supplies instead of saving them because they're too nice. This one was definitely put to the test when I bought some of my first Maja Design papers, but once I'd cut into my first sheet I was converted to the idea that beautiful craft products shouldn't be hidden away when you can get so much pleasure out of using them!
So my resolutions for this year are:
- Try new techniques and different types of crafting projects. I so often look at other people's creations and think 'I'd love to try that' but end up putting it off.
- Be a better blogger and not get so behind on catching up with everyone.
- Use the stamps I already have! I know I'm not alone in buying new stamps when I have others still unused so hopefully I'll do better with it this year. This one is definitely a cautious resolution because I'm not sure how well I'll be able to resist new releases...

So now onto my card and I'll keep this bit brief:
Image (coloured with Inktense pencils) - Love You Bunches (Sylvia Zet Wee image, Whimsy via Bunny Zoe's Crafts)
Sentiment - Lili of the Valley (Everyday Grungy Messages)
Papers (hand-stitched) - Maja Design (Fika collection) via Live and Love Crafts
Hessian ribbon, 'Amanda' lace, memo pin - Ribbon Girl
Roses, apple blossoms, carnations - Wild Orchid Crafts
Leaves - Noor! Design die
Butterflies, pearls - Samuel Taylors



































I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
Sweet Stampin' - New (I've used one of my new stamps)

Thank you so much for visiting - your wonderful comments mean so much to me.

Have a great weekend!

Rebecca.
x

26 comments:

  1. Wow, love these colours Rebecca! It's such a great plum of sorts and it really goes well with the ivory and brown! Lovely image, although I'm a bit jealous of her hair! lol Such a wonderful thank you card! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and beautiful card....and your new year resolutions sound similar to mine, can we keep them?? xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Lovely papers and flowers! I definetely need to use stash I have and stop buying but then I think ah life's too short, new stash makes me happy :-P hehe
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Rebecca. I love the sweet image, your soft colouring is perfect and the papers are so pretty.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty Rebecca, lovely colour and a sweet image, great colouring!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on keeping those resolutions. Holding thumbs for this year. The colouring on your card is superb and its a gorgeous design.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Rebecca! Adorable image and lovely design. The papers and flowers are lovely too!
    Well done for keeping some of last year's resolutions and good luck with 2015's! I'm not admitting to making any, then no one knows when I break them ;)
    Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours and details... such a pretty card Rebecca! Glad you're still enjoying the pencils, I'm hoping to try them very soon :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Rebecca. The image is so sweet and I love the pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good evening Rebecca,
    Another of your stunning cards, it is absolutely beautiful.
    I keep saying I will try different techniques. I do one or two then always seen to go back into my "comfort zone"
    Happy crafting

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous,love the stamp and the wondwrful layout and colours. I am also going to use the stanls I have rather than buying too many more x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful Rebecca - gorgeous colours and fabulous detailing.
    Happy New Year - hope 2015 is a good one for you.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another beautiful card Rebecca. Just a hint of clour on the image is so soft. Along with pretty embellishments......perfect recipe! Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always Rebecca another amazing card - luv it all xx good for you keeping your 2014 New Year resolutions and heres to seeing what you make with your existing stamps - can't wait xx Wishing yiu and yours a very Happy, Heathy and Peaceful New Year xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, I love the image, I need to use up my stash before buying more. gail xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous. Love this image x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoH Sweetie! This is absolutely GOR-GEOUS!!! So soft, so delicate .. sigh .. love love love it!!!!!!

    Happy New Year to you and wishing you a beautiful year filled with so much love, happiness and great health!!! I like your resolutions .. I too think I should not put things off as much as I have in the past! :)

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New year to you Rebecca, what a fabulous image and fun embellishments.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Rebecca, love the colours and delicate colouring of the sweet image, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous card Rebecca, such a pretty image - your colouring is always fabulous, so soft and pretty and your stitching is perfect.
    Good luck with the resolutions, if you are anything like me you will need it!
    Pauline
    x
    .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy New Year to you dear Rebecca, hope 2015 will be kind to you! Thanks for your amazing creativity, always love coming here. Your card is so sweet, fab colouring, great design! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. So gorgeous Rebecca! The sweet image is beautifully coloured. Some of your resolutions apply to me too, good luck with them. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year Rebecca I hope its a great year for you. I love this card this image is so sweet and you reminded me that I actually have this stamp like you say us crafters do have loads we never or rarely use. Your third resolution was mine last year I managed about three months till new images arrived on my favourite blogs and then that was it. !! Fabulous card she's gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Rebecca!! This is so beautiful... I love the shade of violet/lilac you've used... the papers are definitely gorgeous (especially the floral one), and your colouring of the image... perfect as it's so delicate!! Well done on your resolutions... hope you can keep to them!

    Hope you're keeping well..
    Big hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful. I love how softly you colour x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is really lovely. Fab colours! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit - I really appreciate your comments! x